(Featured Image–Photo Credit: thestranger.com)
As the winter holidays approach, the calendar fills up with things to do. In all the hustle and bustle, don’t forget to have some family fun. The winter months are a great time to explore your Lexington Heights Apartments neighborhood of Renton for enjoyable and interesting things to do.
Renton Activities for the Adults
Renton and surrounding neighborhoods have festive, adult activities planned for the season.
- Seattle Fun Events is hosting the SantaCon Seattle 2018 on December 15th. This is an annual gathering of folks who are dressed in Santa Claus costumes, parading through the streets of Seattle. The focus is to spread joy and goodwill for the season.
- Seattle Indies, a community of independent game developers, is giving everyone a chance to get a bit dressed up at their Holiday Party 2018 which will include bar, and finger foods, a silent auction, board games and a photo booth. Tickets are $25. See the Event Brite page to get more details.
These are just a couple of ideas; keep an eye out for many more holiday celebrations during the month of December.
Spread some JOY
A charitable way to see your Renton apartment neighborhood during the holiday season is to “angel” a family. It is a simple gesture that brings as much joy to the givers as it does to the receivers. To angel someone is very simple. Pick a person or a family that has had a tough year and needs some joy, or maybe someone who is lonely…. whomever you choose, choose them because you feel they need it or deserve it. The typical Christian form of this gifting is to anonymously leave little gifts on the doorstep of the home, ring the doorbell then run. The fun is to remain anonymous.
This is done starting on December 12 and goes on every evening until the 24th, representing the 12 days of Christmas. Each day you leave one more item, inexpensive things. Examples might be a candle on day one, two lollipops on day 2, then all the way up to a dozen cookies on day 12. On day 12 you can reveal yourself.
This little gift-giving game can also be used during Chanukah, giving gifts during the 8 days of the Festival of Lights.
Enjoy All the Christmas Lights Around Renton
There are plenty of opportunities to experience the beautiful light displays around the Puget
Sound. Visiting outdoor light displays get you into the holiday spirit and are fun for all ages.
- Wildlights at Woodland Park Zoo, and Zoolights at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma both have thousands of lights to enjoy.
- The Redmond Lights is a one-day event that celebrates the diversity of Renton’s cultures.
- Another one-day event happens at Green Lake Park. Glowing luminaries decorate the park, welcoming visitors to stroll through the park sipping hot chocolate while listening to musical performances by local schools and artists.
- King 5 has a list of beautiful light displays to choose from.
- On any given evening take a stroll or a drive to local neighborhoods and retail districts to admire the light displays.
Don’t Forget About Renton’s Hot Spot – The Landing
The Landing in Renton has plenty of holiday activities awaiting customers. Wednesday December 5 is the Community Chanukah Celebration and Menorah Lighting at 6:15 pm in the plaza. Santa photos are available through Christmas Eve. Don’t forget the pets. Well-mannered, leashed fur babies can get a photo with Santa too on December 5th from 4 PM – 7 PM.
The winter holidays present the perfect chance to explore your neighborhood, meet your neighbors and enjoy the outdoors. Your Lexington Heights Apartment community is surrounded by a neighborhood filled with pleasing things to do for adults, children and families. You can visit one of the many attractions near your apartment or, create your own adventure that will allow you to meet your neighbors, visit nearby businesses and spread your smile.